Thursday, May 14, 2009

All gone and food!

I have been sorta kinda trying to teach Walker signs for different words since he was about 6 months old. I had barely tried to teach him "all gone/all done", but after going to The Little Gym classes for a few months(the teacher there signs a lot of words), he started signing it! He does it all the time now, I'm so proud :) He also says "a-guh" when he signs it which translates to "all gone".
One of the signs I taught him is the sign for "food/eat". I have been doing that one for a while now, but not too consistently. The last few days I have been doing it more often, and yesterday he ran into the living room where John and I were sitting, looked at me, and signed "food"! I was so excited :) I went to the kitchen and asked him if he was hungry and he signed "food" again! Then he tried to climb into his highchair.
I am one proud mama. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment